I'm Gene Adam
I can help you get 1-2 enrollments per week for your high-ticket program organically.
1-on-1 and Group Coaching is available.
Book Challenge Day 16 📚
As I mentioned earlier I’ll be summarizing 28 books every single day. Let’s go! 🙌
Book 16: Psycho-Cybernatics by Maxwell Maltz
✅ Big idea of the book:
One huge takeaway from the book is that our self-image has a tremendous impact on our lives and our ability to achieve our goals. Our self-image is the mental picture we have of ourselves, including our beliefs about our abilities, strengths, weaknesses, and potential.
Our self-image is our past experiences, conditioning, but it is not fixed and can be changed! We can improve our confidence, creativity, and overall performance in various aspects of life, including our work, relationships, and personal development.
10 Big takeaways from the book:
1) Your self-image is the mental picture you have of yourself, and it has a huge impact on your life.
2) Your self-image is not fixed and can be changed with conscious effort.
3) Your thoughts and beliefs shape your reality, so it’s important to have a positive outlook.
4) Visualization techniques can help you create a clear and vivid mental picture of the person you want to become.
5) Positive self-talk, or affirmations, can help you replace negative thoughts and beliefs with positive ones.
6) Your brain is like a goal-seeking missile, and it will work to achieve whatever you focus on.
7) Failure is not the end; it’s just a feedback mechanism that can help you learn and grow.
8) Perfectionism can be a trap that holds you back, so it’s important to strive for progress, not perfection.
9) You have the power to create your own reality and shape your destiny.
10) Success is not just about achieving your goals; it’s also about becoming the best version of yourself that you can be.
✅ Here are 3 more tips I’ve learned from the book
- Use mental rehearsal to prepare for success: Mental rehearsal involves imagining yourself performing a task or achieving a goal in your mind. This technique can help you mentally prepare for success and improve your confidence and performance when you actually try to accomplish the task or goal in real life.
- Use the power of relaxation to reduce stress: Stress and anxiety can sabotage your success, so it’s important to find ways to relax and reduce tension in your body and mind. Dr. Maltz recommends various relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and visualization, to help you manage stress and maintain a positive outlook.
- Surround yourself with positive influences: Your environment and the people around you can have a big impact on your self-image and success. To support your goals and reinforce positive beliefs, it’s important to surround yourself with people who encourage and inspire you, as well as create a physical environment that reflects your desired self-image. For example, you can decorate your workspace with images and quotes that motivate and inspire you.
If you have any questions or suggestions let me know. 😍