I'm Gene Adam
I can help you get 1-2 enrollments per week for your high-ticket program organically.
1-on-1 and Group Coaching is available.
Book Challenge Day 17 📚
As I mentioned earlier I’ll be summarizing 28 books every single day. Let’s go! 🙌
Book 17: Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
✅ Big idea of the book:
You know that feeling when you’re so engrossed in an activity that time seems to fly by and you forget about everything else? That’s called “flow” and it’s when you’re at your happiest and most productive. So, the biggest takeaway from this book is to find your flow and make time for it every day!
✅ 10 Big takeaways from the book:
1) When you’re in flow, you’re basically a superhero. You’re more productive, creative, and happy.
2) Flow is like a rollercoaster ride, but without the fear of heights or the nausea.
3) You don’t have to be a genius to experience flow. Anyone can do it, even if you’re just playing Tetris.
4) Flow is like a good relationship – it takes effort to maintain, but it’s totally worth it.
5) Multitasking is the enemy of flow. Focus on one thing at a time and you’ll get into the zone much faster.
6) Flow doesn’t have to be a solitary experience. You can find it while playing music with friends, for example.
7) Flow is not just for work, it can be found in any activity you enjoy. Yes, even binge-watching Netflix.
8) Flow requires challenge and skill to be in balance. So, if you’re not being challenged enough, you’re not in flow.
9) Flow can be achieved in any task, no matter how mundane. You just have to find the right approach.
10) Flow is not a destination, it’s a journey. Keep searching for new activities and challenges to stay in flow.
✅ Here are 3 more tips I’ve learned from the book
- Flow is more likely to occur when you have clear goals and immediate feedback. So, set specific goals and track your progress.
- If you want to find flow in your work, make sure it’s something that aligns with your values and interests.
- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t experience flow every day. It’s a rare and precious state, but even the pursuit of flow can lead to a more fulfilling life.
If you have any questions or suggestions let me know. 😍